Share Sales and Purchases
We thoroughly enjoy working with clients on the purchase or sale of a business. We realise that this is often an exciting period for you and we want to ensure the transaction runs as smoothly as possible. Advice from specialist business solicitors can remove problems and uncertainty, and ultimately save you considerable expense later on in the process. Whether you are buying or selling your business, Batchelor Myddelton will use all of our many years experience for your benefit.
Our services to help you buy or sell a business include:
- Obtaining the best valuation or purchase price
- Negotiating with prospective buyers or sellers
- Property involved in the sale or purchase
- Drafting the sale contract or advising on the terms of a purchase contract
We have acted in many transactions, ranging in valuation from £5,000 to £11 million. Whatever the size of the transaction, we understand its importance to you and treat all matters equally. We have acted in a wide range of business transactions including:
- The purchase of half the shares in an English Company by an Italian Car Company
- Acting for 11 vendors in the £11million sale of a wireless camera business to a PLC, including the negotiation of warranties, advising on intellectual property aspects and the consideration of all employee matters resulting in a successful and speedy transaction.
- Acting for the regional development company in the purchase of 40 shops for a well known local convenience store
- Acting for the purchaser of assets from a liquidator of tanning products.
Can We Help You?
We will use our many years legal experience to obtain the best result for you.For immediate advice please call us on 01707 647088 or complete our online enquiry form and we will call you back (usually within the hour during office hours).
"We are delighted to have sold Moorland Limited, and would like to thank you and Robin for all your help in making the legalities of the transaction proceed smoothly. We were particularly pleased that when the purchaser caused the timetable to slip to a time when you had planned holiday, responsibility passed seamlessly from you to Robin and everything completed smoothly."
Colin Taylor – Moorland Holdings Limited
"We were very happy with your services because we felt that you were friendly, approachable, forthright, fast thinking and professional. In addition we feel you had our purchaser's solicitor cowering when necessary!"
Jane, Naturally Morocco Limited.
"Jenny & Robin of Batchelor & Myddelton have represented Link Research Ltd. in both company acquisition and company sale scenario. On both occasions the task was handled in a professional, prompt and orderly manner. The personal touch offered by both the partners, together with their strong support team, helped to keep what could have been very stressful situations in control and made the work almost enjoyable. Both deals completed successfully and on schedule."
Julie Vincent, Commercial Director. Link Research Ltd, Watford.